Monday 02 February 2009. Part of Open Office for Words.
The Office served Passion Cake, French Chocolate Cake and Blueberry/ Cinnamon muffins. A selection of Coffee, Rooibos and Chinese Jasmine tea was poured.
The following bibliography is a list compiled of the texts that were brought to The Open Office For Words by participants of Gesture at ADA, Area for Debate and Art. This list is entirely accidental and fortuitous.
- Notes on Gesture in Means Without End: Notes on Politics, Giorgio Agamben, University of Chicago Press, 2000.
- The Politics of Small Gestures, Mika Hannula, Art-ist publications, Istanbul 2006.
- Gesture and Thought, David Mc Neill, University of Chicago, 2006.
- Two Gestures While Waiting for a Third, Victor J.Vitanza,
- Chrilogia: Or The Natural Language of The Hand, John Bulwer, London, Thomas Harper 1644.
- Inventory / Talk to The Hand, in Cabinet issue 26., Brial Dillon.
- Becoming Besides Ourselves: The Alphabet, Ghosts and Distributed Human Being, Rotman, Lenoir, Duke University Press, 2008.
- Practical Illustrations of Rhetorical Gesture and Action, Henri Siddons, Printed for Sherwood, Neely and Jones, London, 1822.
- Gesture Sequences in The Practice of Everyday Life-Volume 2. Certeau, Giard, Mayol, Univerisity of Minnesota, 1998.
- Social Choreography; Ideology as Performance in Dance and Everyday Movement, Andrew Hewitt, 2005.
- Yvonne Rainer, The Mind is a Muscle, Catherine Wood, Afterall Books, 2007.
- Theory of The Street, Paulien Oltheten, NAI Publishers,
- Gesture and Speech Production, De Ruijter, University of Nijmegen, 1999.
- Gesture and The Nature of Language, Armstrong, cambridge University Press, 1995.
- Gesture in Medieval Drama and Art, (ed.) Clifford Davidson, Medieval Institute Publication, 2005.
- Gesture:Visible Action as Utterance, Kendon, Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- Gestus in The Theatres of Brecht and Beckett, Barry Batorsky, The Graduate Centre of The City University of New York, 1987.
- Gesture, John Benjamin’s Publishing Company,Amsterdam, NL.
- Theatrum Orbis Terrarum / Gestures, Marjolijn Dijkman, Jan Van Eyck Academie and Peacock Visual Arts.
- Survival Of An Idea, Özlem Altin, 2008.
- Monster, Ruth Legg, (video work 9′33”).